If you are new to intra-oral impressions and want an easy and predictable way of capturing the upper and lower arches and relating them together, consider breaking the case up into manageable segments and building the arches in a sequence you may not be accustomed to.
Generally, the tongue and the lips create difficulty for the new user. If you watch this video, you will comprehend how the meditlink software works and how you can easily navigate between different image catalogs and scan in a non-conventional manner by using the software to your advantage
1. Place the Optragate and retract the lips. Ask the patient to relax and their lips and stay open. If they bite down, the Optragate will pop out.
2. Connect the isolite mouthpiece to its handle. Ideally, use a Depp Vestibule (DV) sized mouthpiece for best retraction of the tongue.
3. With the isolite in place, we image the left upper jaw, then advance to the lower jaw and image that as well. Getting around the tough spaces like the linguals of the second lower molar and the distal of the upper second molar is very easy as the cheek and tongue is displaced.
4. Image Buccal Bite Right Side
5. Flip the isolite to the other side and image the upper and lower jaws; continue building the arch model by starting in areas that you have already image where the red box from the software will turn green and allow you to proceed.
6. Capture the Buccal Bite on the contra-lateral side
7. Go back and fill in areas like the distals of the second molars.
This video shows the software functionality. The upper arch and lower arch built in 2 segments, where the Maxilla was imaged on the left side, the software was advanced to the mandible, and the lower arch was captured. Once the isolite was removed, the buccal bite was captured on the left side. The isolite was then used to displace the tongue and the right side was scanned.[videopress PudxhUnR permalink=”false” hd=”true”]
Once you are finished, you have easily captured both arches and their relationship. You can do all of this without any assistance from a team mate as the isolite and the Optrage do all the work for you